The project develops social media literacy in educational context and creates a premise for the adoption of educational policies at different institutional levels that include the widespread use of learning tools based on social media and a more coherent approach on social media literacy as a part of the educational process in schools, tailored to the needs of 21th century.
The project aims to give teachers the opportunity to align their didactic approach with the concrete needs of society, combining skills training in different disciplines with the need to develop social media literacy skills in pupils: innovative teaching practices for different disciplines, using the social media-based learning tools, a complex toolkit that offers the opportunity to develop social media literacy skills for students and to make lessons more attractive.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Creation of open educational resources based on social media learning tools used in school
- Developing social media literacy skills for teachers / education specialists from project teams in partner institutions
- Responsible use of social media tools in the teaching process by teachers in target groups
- Implementing social media-based learning activities in partner institutions
The activities that will be carried out within the project are:
– Curriculum for the development of social media literacy in schools
– Course support for the development of social media literacy in schools
– Methodological guide for teaching social media literacy
– Mobile application for implementing social media literacy in school
– Collection of learning scenarios including the use of Social Media tools
November 2019 – July 2021